What Is IGF-1 LR3 1MG?
IGF-1 LR3 stands for insulin-like growth factor-1 long arginine 3. It is a man-made peptide derivative of insulin-like growth factor-1. It differs from IGF-1 by additional 13 amino acids at the N-terminus and the substitution of arginine with glutamic acid at the 3rd position. These modifications make it approximately 3 times more potent and extend its half-life (20-30 hours) and duration of action. Like IGF-1, it has been shown to promote muscle growth and cell differentiation. At Pinnacle Peptides, IGF-1 LR3 for sale is exclusively available for research and educational purchases.
Structure Of IGF-1 LR3 1MG
Synonyms: Insulin-like growth factor long chain R3, Long-(arg3)insulin-like growth factor-i
Molecular Formula: C400H625N111O115S9
Molecular Weight: 9117.60 g/mol
CAS number: 143045-27-6
PubChem CID: 381123731
Mechanism Of IGF-1 LR3 1MG
IGF-1 LR3 retains the pharmacological properties of IGF-1 and binds to insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor. This binding triggers the cascade of intracellular events that eventually lead to the activation of the PI3/AKT and MAPT pathways. Activation of these pathways mediates various cellular responses, including protein synthesis, cell differentiation and proliferation in muscle and other cells. Furthermore, IGF-1 LR3 has been shown to inhibit apoptosis. It is important to note that modifications in IGF-1 LR3 contribute to its low affinity to insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBP), extending its half-life.
1. Bone Health
IGF-1 deficiency is associated with poor bone health. A cross-sectional study found that low serum levels of IGF-1 are associated with the increase of vertebral fractures among postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes . On the other hand, a literature review of clinical studies found that the administration of IGF-1 and growth hormone increases bone resorption and bone formation. Moreover, IGF-1 boosts bone healing and increases movement in patients with tibia and hip fractures .
2. Muscle Hypertrophy
Insulin-like growth factor-1 is a myostatin inhibitor that prevents muscle breakdown in conditions like muscular dystrophy. Myostatin, also known as growth differentiation factor 8, affects muscle mass by reducing protein synthesis and muscle growth, thus preventing unwanted hypertrophy . Furthermore, IGF-1 stimulates the proliferation of myoblasts, thus causing an increase in muscle cells. IGF-1 LR3 has a more profound effect on hyperplasia as compared to IGF-1 because of its high potency .
IGF-1 has been shown to promote neuroprotection by preventing neuronal loss and stimulating cell survival. One study in old-aged animals found that IGF-1 boosts neurogenesis and increases vascular density in brain areas that are involved in learning and memory . Furthermore, IGF-1 increases excitatory synaptic neurotransmission in the hippocampus by 40%. The scientific literature reveals that increased synaptic transmission might be mediated by AMPA receptors and PI3/Akt pathway .
4. Muscle Recovery and Healing
Insulin-like growth factor-1 plays a key role in muscle recovery and repair. A study conducted on mouse model found that administration of recombinant IGF-1 LR3 on days 2, 5, and 7 enhanced muscle healing in injured and strained muscles .
Similarly, another study replicated these findings while investigating the impact of IGF-1 on muscle damage in mice. It found that mice treated with IGF-1 showed enhanced muscle regeneration and faster recovery in terms of rapid muscle contractions compared to the control group. Additionally, IGF-1 was linked to an increased number of newly forming muscle fibers at the treated site .
Muscle mass and ability to regenerate muscle cells decline with advancing age. Research indicates that IGF-1 treatment in older individuals can help maintain lean muscle mass .
IGF-1 plays an important role in regulating glucose levels within the body. It interacts with both IGF-1 receptors and insulin receptors, which are responsible for facilitating the uptake of glucose from the bloodstream into liver and muscle cells. This interaction leads to a reduction in blood sugar levels. Scientific studies have revealed that IGF-1 LR3 is associated with a notable enhancement in glucose uptake, resulting in decreased blood glucose levels .
In one study, the administration of IGF-1 to rats with diabetic cardiomyopathy produced several beneficial effects, including a reduction in myocardial apoptosis, oxidative stress, inflammation, interstitial fibrosis, and metabolic irregularities. Additionally, it promoted the activation of the Akt/GSK-3β pathway, suggesting that IGF-1 LR3 therapy holds the potential to treat individuals with diabetic heart muscle-related issues .
IGF-1 LR3 is a modified potent derivative of insulin-like growth hormone-1. It has a longer half-life and a prolonged duration of action. It has been shown to improve diabetes and promote cardioprotection. It boosts muscle growth, enhances muscle recovery and speeds up healing. Furthermore, it reduces the risk of bone fracture and enhances cognition. However, further research is needed to confirm these effects. We don’t support its unwarranted use and offer IGF-I LR3 purchase only for research and educational purposes. Only buy IGF-1 LR3 if you are a licensed researcher.
- Ardawi, M.-S.M., et al., Increased serum sclerostin and decreased serum IGF-1 are associated with vertebral fractures among postmenopausal women with type-2 diabetes. Bone, 2013. 56(2): p. 355-362
- Locatelli, V. and V.E. Bianchi, Effect of GH/IGF-1 on Bone Metabolism and Osteoporosis. Int J Endocrinol, 2014. 2014: p. 235060.
- Schiaffino, S. and C. Mammucari, Regulation of skeletal muscle growth by the IGF1-Akt/PKB pathway: insights from genetic models. Skelet Muscle, 2011. 1(1): p. 4.
- Tomas, F.M., A.B. Lemmey, L.C. Read, and F.J. Ballard, Superior potency of infused IGF-I analogues which bind poorly to IGF-binding proteins is maintained when administered by injection. J Endocrinol, 1996. 150(1): p. 77-84.
- Sonntag, W.E., M. Ramsey, and C.S. Carter, Growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and their influence on cognitive aging. Ageing Research Reviews, 2005. 4(2): p. 195-212.
- Ramsey, M.M., et al., Functional Characterization of Des-IGF-1 Action at Excitatory Synapses in the CA1 Region of Rat Hippocampus. Journal of Neurophysiology, 2005. 94(1): p. 247-254..
- Laumonier, T. and J. Menetrey, Muscle injuries and strategies for improving their repair. Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics, 2016. 3.
- Kasemkijwattana, C., et al., Use of Growth Factors to Improve Muscle Healing After Strain Injury. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2000. 370.
- Cappola, A.R., et al., Association of IGF-I levels with muscle strength and mobility in older women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2001. 86(9): p. 4139-46.
- Assefa, B., et al., Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF) Binding Protein-2, Independently of IGF-1, Induces GLUT-4 Translocation and Glucose Uptake in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2017. 2017: p. 3035184.
- Wang, C.Y., X.D. Li, Z.H. Hao, and D. Xu, Insulin-like growth factor-1 improves diabetic cardiomyopathy through antioxidative and anti-inflammatory processes along with modulation of Akt/GSK-3β signaling in rats. kjpp, 2016. 20(6): p. 613-619.
Certificate of Analysis (COA)
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Mass Spectrometry (MS)
WonderfulNormal prices for abnormally good quality. Wonderful.
Love itI adore everything about this site, especially IGF
Affordable priceAffordable price. Great service.
Amazing productAmazing product. Will order again.
I will order againGood price for this good product. I will order again. Thank you.
All is good. Tnx.All is good. Tnx.
Good Experience, could be betterThe quality appears good, although I emailed you guys twice about my order with no response.
Excellent productRecommend products to everyone!
AwesomeI'll always order here